Opportunities for Interpreters
One of the things we are most proud of and thankful is our outstanding Professional Community Interpreters.
When you become an Interpreter for MCA, you are not just joining a team of brilliant minds and excellent professionals, you are also joining our family that is passionate about our community.
Before being considered for inclusion in our contractor register, potential interpreters must undergo Community Interpreter training and achieve CILISAT certification.
In order to assure service providers of our interpreter’s language ability, MCA has our interpreters assess their language fluency using CISOC’s Community Interpreter Language and Interpreting Skills Assessment Tool (CILISAT)
To achieve certification, you must score 75% or better. All tests are marked by independent markers.
- CILISAT Language fluency test $125
- Interpretation Certification test $105
- Learning and development opportunities
Got what it takes?
- Bilingual (Good level of English and second language)
- Passionate about outstanding customer service
- Knowledge of the Social Service System in Canada is an asset
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the Wood Buffalo Municipality
If you are interested in joining our esteemed group of interpreters, please complete our online application form.
If you would like more information about how to become accredited, visit our sections on Community Interpreter Training.
We are currently looking for interpreters in the following languages:
If your language is not listed and you are interested in join our team of certified interpreters,please send us your resume.